Eufy entered the robotic vacuum market in late 2016. By the end of 2019, Eufy’s line of robotic vacuums was one of the top-selling brands on Amazon and other online retailing websites. As the overall popularity of robotic vacuums grows, Eufy robotic vacuums continue to grab their growing share of the market.
The challenge in selecting a Eufy robotic vacuum is the wide variety of models, features, and options that Eufy offers. Find the right combination of cleaning features, accessories, and power can be challenging.
Let’s look at the Eufy line of robotic vacuums and clear up some of the confusion.
Eufy’s Most Popular Line of Robotic Vacuums: Eufy RoboVac 30, 30C, 30C MAX, and 35C
The Eufy Model 30 robotic vacuums are perhaps the most popular robotic vacuums in the whole Eufy lineup. These three robotic vacuums share some of Eufy’s best innovative features, such as:
- Integrated infra-red bounce navigation to prevent falls and collisions
- BoostIQ technology that senses when the vacuum encounters extra dirt or debris to increase the suction of the vacuum.
- Quiet operation of 55dB
- Long-lasting 2,600mAh lithium-ion battery
- Low profile design for cleaning under furniture and counter toe-kicks
- Triple brush configuration with the main roller brush and two sweeping side brushes.
- Thirteen feet of boundary tape to section off no-go areas of your home.
Eufy Robovac 30
Setting the Eufy RoboVac 30 apart from its siblings in the Model 30 line is the absence of WI-Fi control. Eufy elected to provide a dedicated remote control to the RoboVac 30 rather than the capability to control the vacuum from your smart device.
The basic features of the Eufy RoboVac 30 include all those common to the Model 30 series plus:
- Dedicated remote control allowing easy custom operation of the vacuum
- 1500 pascals of suction power to clean both carpet and hard surface flooring
- Up to 60 minutes of runtime between charges
- Dual-action layered sponge filter with pre-filter
If you don’t have an electronic home assistant and don’t need the ability to set up no-go zones electronically, then the Eufy RoboVac 30 is a good choice. The RoboVac 30 still has the dedicated remote control that enables you to perform all the functions offered on the vacuum. Customers consistently rate the RoboVac 30 well.
- Low profile body gets in places other robotic vacuums can’t reach.
- Powerful suction
- Convenient boundary strips for creating a no-go zone
- Quiet operation.
- No Wi-Fi or smart device connectivity
- Programming options are limited
Eufy RoboVac 30C
One step up the evolutionary trail in the Model 30 line from Eufy is the RoboVac 30C. Across the Eufy line, the “C” designation indicated that the Eufy vacuum has Wi-Fi connectivity and can be used with the Eufy smartphone app. In the case of the Eufy RoboVac 30C, this includes the ability to use the RoboVac 30C with your Alexa or Google assistants.
There are no easy means to differentiate the RoboVac 30 from the Robovac 30C. The two vacuums share the same list of basic features. If you are a wired in person and routinely use your digital assistant, then the Eufy RoboVac 30C has the features you will want in your robotic vacuum.
- Great sensor technology for efficient cleaning
- Handles obstacles such as thresholds or surface changes easily
- Great filtration
- Up to 1500 pascals of suction power
- The runtime may be reduced if the BoostIQ function is used.
Eufy RoboVac 30C MAX
Two upgrades separate the Eufy RoboVac 30C Max from the 30C. Increased suction when using the BoostIQ cleaning mode and a higher efficiency pleated filter give the Model 30C MAX and edge in cleaning and infiltration.
If allergens in your home are an issue, the high-performance one-piece filter included with the RoboVac 30C MAX and the increase to 2000 pascals in available suction power should be of interest. The higher suction and improved filtration allow the 30C MAX to handle pet hair, ensuring a cleaner home and air.
- Up to 2000 pascals of suction power
- 60 minutes of runtime with the high-efficiency lithium-ion battery
- Enhanced filtration system with a one-piece pleated high-efficiency filter.
- Slightly shorter runtime due to the higher suction
- Random navigation while cleaning may not work in some home layouts
Eufy RoboVac 35C
A slightly different housing and accessories are the only difference between the Eufy RoboVac 30C and the 35C. On the exterior is the most notable change. Instead of one button, the model 35C has three buttons on the top. Inside the package, you will find one magnetic barrier tape instead of two.
Otherwise, you get the same cleaning power, the same set of features and the same connectivity as the Eufy RoboVac 30C. Our advice is to shop carefully. If you don’t need the extra barrier tape, then you may find a deal.
How We Feel About The RoboVac Model 30 Line
The Model 30 line by Eufy is a mid-level robotic vacuum that is intended for users with medium to large size houses with single levels. The Model 30 line can handle vacuuming on both standard carpets and hard surface flooring. The Model 30 line are great entry-level robotic vacuums with enough variations in features to address most vacuum needs. Even pet hair is within reach of the 30C MAX with its increased suction.
Eufy’s Best Value Robotic Vacuums: RoboVac 11S and RoboVac 11S MAX
The S in the Model 11 lineup nomenclature indicates that this is the slim model of the vacuum line. The older, and now out of production Model 11, came in at 3.37 inches in height. The later models reduced that height signature to 2.85 inches making the 11 series capable of cleaning into and under the shallowest recess.
Market wise, the Eufy 11S and 11S Max are budget line machines. The budget doesn’t mean that either the 11S or the 11S MAX leave anything behind in the cleaning arena. Eufy has outfitted the Model 11 line with an impressive list of features.
- 100 minutes of runtime between charges
- Dedicated remote control
- Infra-red sensors for consistent navigation
- Scheduling ability for daily cleaning routines
- Boost IQ suction for added cleaning power when extra debris and dirt are detected
Eufy RoboVac 11s
Eufy upgraded the Model 11 to the Model 11S and promptly scored as an Amazon Choice Buy. The upgraded design is both shorter and more powerful than the original Model 11. With the BoostIQ technology, the Model 11 can instantly produce up to 1300 pascals of suction power to handle heavier accumulations of dust and debris.
Further reading: Eufy Robovac 11s vs Roomba 690 Comparison
An upgrade to the 2,600 mAh battery, the Model 11s offers up to 100 minutes of working time. The 11S can even return to its docking station on its own when the battery gets low. If you don’t need wireless connectivity, the dedicated remote allows you all the functionality of controlling the vacuum from anywhere in the room.
- Large 600 ml dust bin for longer work times between emptying
- Scheduling allows you to program specific times for cleaning to fit it into your schedule
- One of the quietest robotic vacuums on the market
- Limited programming options
- No barrier tape sensing and no virtual barrier capability
Eufy RoboVac 11S MAX
If you need just a bit more power to handle pet hair or other sorts of debris, then the upgraded 11S MAX is an option for an economy model robotic vacuum. Boasting an increase in suction power during BoostIQ operation to 2000 pascals of suction power, the RoboVac 11S MAX can go just that little extra in cleaning your carpets and bare floors.
Still on the economy scale of robotic vacuums, the Eufy RoboVac 11S MAX won’t economize on cleaning power or ability. Featuring Eufy’s triple brush system, dust and debris can’t hide along edges or under furniture. The BoostIQ function ensures that even the worst mess won’t escape the Eufy RoboVac 11S MAX.
- Lightweight and compact
- Good battery life delivering up to 100 minutes of cleaning between charges
- Lacks virtual barriers or barrier tapes
- Hard to program schedule with the remote.
Our Take on The Eufy RoboVac Model 11 Line
If you live in a smaller home or apartment, the Model 11S or Model 11S MAX is a good option. In the smaller areas, these robotic vacuums shine with their longer runtimes. The absence of WI-FI connectivity or the ability to connect to smart home technology doesn’t change the fact that either of these vacuums can clean well. If you live with furry friends, we suggest that you opt for the Eufy Robovac Model 11S MAX.
Eufy’s Best Bare Bones Robotic Vacuums: Eufy RoboVac Model 15C and 15C MAX
If you are on a tight budget but still want to invest in a robotic vacuum, Eufy can help you with that goal as well. The Model 15 line of robotic vacuums from Eufy are certainly some of the least expensive robotic vacuums on the market. However, despite their attractive price, this line of robotic vacuums still delivers cleaning power, efficiency, and Eufy’s expected quality.
Eufy hasn’t skimped on the features on the Model 15 line. The Eufy RoboVac Model 15C and 15C MAX share a respectable list of features for budget robotic vacuums.
- WI-Fi connectivity and app control
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Home smart systems
- Long battery life with up to 100 minutes of run time
- Boost IQ Technology
Eufy RoboVac Model 15C
Nothing seems to be missing in the feature lineup The 15C in many ways is comparable to the Eufy RoboVac 30C. These two Eufy robotic vacuums share features and options. The major difference between the Eufy RoboVac 15C and the 30C is the lack of magnetic barrier tape strips in the packaging of the Model 15C. The Model 30C also delivers a bit more suction power than the 15C.
The RoboVac 15 C is still an incredible bargain if you live in a smaller house with hard surface floors or thinner pile carpets. The 15C will excel in this environment without a huge investment.
- Good Suction
- Works great on hardwood, laminate and thinner style carpets
- No barrier tape included
- App controls can be hard to use
Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX
If your cleaning chores are a bit more demanding, but your budget isn’t all that large, you should consider the Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX. The only differences in the 15C MAX and the 15C is the suction power you get from the BoostIQ feature Otherwise, the two robotic vacuums are identical.
If you are looking for a robotic vacuum that can cope with larger messes and pet hair without breaking your budget, the Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX is an obvious choice.
- Quiet operation
- Multi cleaning modes
- Good suction and handles pet hair well
- Random clean navigation seems a little inefficient
- Sometimes runs out of power before it navigates back to the dock.
Where does the Eufy Model 15 Line Fit?
If you are on a budget but still want a robotic vacuum that features great suction, slim styling, and Wi-Fi connectivity with a smartphone app, then the Eufy RoboVac 15C or 15C MAX should meet your needs tidily. The 15C will perform well in smaller homes, especially those with lots of hard surface flooring. If you have residents with longer hair or share the space with animals, the 15C Max is a better choice.
Eufy’s Top of the Line Robotic Vacuum: RoboVac L70 Hybrid
The Eufy RoboVac L70 Hybrid has its own limb on the Eufy family tree of robotic vacuums. The immediately noticeable difference in the L70 and most other Eufy robotic vacuums is the addition of the prominent large button on top of the vacuum. This raised button houses the innovative LIDAR system that allows the L70 to perform on the fly map building and a much more sophisticated navigation system.
The algorithms built into the system map your home, build a map and use that map to calculate the most efficient route to use to clean your floors. This means a number of advantages
- More efficient navigation means less runtime
- Less runtime means more cleaning per battery charge.
- Fewer full recharges equates to longer battery life
As you might have guessed, the Hybrid portion of the name of the L70 refers to the combination vacuuming and mopping capability of this Eufy robotic vacuum. The L70 is equipped with a water tank. You can attach a mopping pad, and the Eufy L70 Hybrid will happily move about your hard surface floors damp mopping away the dirt and spills.
Eufy didn’t stop with these two additions to their standard robotic vacuum line. The Eufy RoboVac L70 Hydrid has all the standard features of a Eufy robotic vacuum plus some other new features.
- iPath Laser Navigation System accurately maps and learns its environment
- AI Map Technology features real-time map building capability that allows targeted cleaning
- Hybrid technology brings vacuum and mop systems on one platform for more efficient and thorough cleaning
- More powerful suction delivers 2200 pascals of suction for cleaner surfaces
- Laser Navigation and the Eufy smart home app allow you more control, including zone cleaning.
- Return and Restart feature keeps the Eufy L70 cleaning efficiently.
Across the board, users of the Eufy RoboVac L70 Hybrid praise the combination of robotic vacuum and mop.
- Extra Long 2.5 hour runtime
- Self-docking and return to clean feature
- High-performance filtration system with rated E12 filters
- Strong suction
- The L70 is much taller than the other Eufy vacuums and doesn’t fit many places
- No dedicated remote control. Dependent on the smartphone app.
- A small water tank on the mopping system
Taking the Next Step in Robotic Vacuums
If you are ready to step up to a combination robotic vacuum, you won’t find a bitter option than the Eufy RoboVac L70 Hybrid. The LIDAR based intelligent navigation and mapping system gives the L70 amazing capabilities for customizing the L70 to the needs of your home. The extra suction power allows you the confidence that you can set the Eufy to work, and it will continue until the job is done. Extra suction power and high-performance filtration mean cleaner floors and cleaner air in your home.
Keeping your Eufy Robotic Vacuum Running
Like any precision machine, Eufy robotic vacuums require a certain amount of maintenance and care to make sure these devices continue to operate at their best. Eufy maintains a stock of all the items that you may need in the future to keep your Eufy robotic vacuum running. The items you can expect to replace over time as your Eufy vacuum works hard on your floors are:
- Side Brushes
- Roller Brush
- Battery Packs
- Mopping Cloths
You can also buy extra charging bases. This is convenient if you use your Eufy robotic vacuum on multiple floors in your home. This eliminates the need to move the charging station up and down stairs when using the robotic vacuum on different levels of your home.
This convenience really shines if you are using one of the Eufy robotic vacuums that features return and restart capability, such as the L70. A docking station on each floor of your home makes the best use of the Eufy intelligent mapping features.
Eufy makes these parts available individually or packaged into kits. Kits offer the advantage of always having a spare part on hand if, and when, the need arises. We always recommend that you keep spare brushes, filters, and mopping pads on hand.
Warranty and Service Issues
While there are reports of warranty and service issues with Eufy and their lineup of robotic vacuums, overall, the comments of users seem to be positive.
- Eufy was quick to respond and was a great help in solving our problem
- Support desk personnel are knowledgeable and helpful.
Our advice is to be sure and register your Eufy robotic vacuum when you receive it. This will make getting a warranty claim accepted if you should need to contact Eufy.
Take Care Where you Buy
If you purchase your Eufy from someone who is not an authorized dealer, you may have warranty issues if you need to file a claim. If you chose not to buy from an authorized Eufy dealer, you might be required to handle any claims through the reseller rather than directly with Eufy.
Fortunately, Eufy has excellent instructions and information about their warranty program, a list of authorized dealers, and complete instructions on their website about how to file a claim. You can visit the Eufy website and find the warranty information on their Support Page here.
How to Choose the Best Eufy Robotic Vacuum
- On a Budget? – If the budget is a concern, our recommendation is the Eufy RoboVac 15C. It gives you a great combination of price and features.
- Are WI-Fi connectivity and smart home capability important? – If being able to control your Eufy robotic vacuum remotely with your smartphone or other devices, you should look at any of the Eufy models with the “C” notation. All of these models are Wi-Fi capable and can interface with the Eufy app. These models also work with Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
- I have a lot of hard surface flooring. Which Eufy is best for my home? – If your home is predominately hard surface flooring, we suggest that you look at the Eufy 15C or 11S. If Wi-Fi connectivity is not a big thing for you, the Eufy 11S is probably the more economical choice.
- I have dogs. Which Eufy vacuum should I consider?– The best option if you live with dogs and have carpets are the MAX designated Eufy robotic vacuums. The MAX option identifies Eufy vacuums with the most suction and the best capabilities at handling pet hair. This would include:
- I have a lot of places I don’t want a robot vacuum to go. Which Eufy vacuum will be best for me? – If you need to block areas of your home where you don’t want a robotic vacuum to run, your best choice from Eufy is the Eufy RoboVac L70. This vacuum features Eufy’s state of the art LIDAR mapping technology, which allows you to designate no-go zones in your home or created targetted cleaning zones for extra attention from your robotic vacuum.
Eufy offers a large line of robotic vacuum with many overlapping features among them. Navigating this confusing array of features, options, and abilities can be daunting, to say the least. Different names and identifiers only add to the confusion. In the end, I hope that this article helps clear up some of the confusion and helps you with a clearer picture of the Eufy robotic vacuums.
As you move forward with your choice of robotic vacuums, our goal is to give you the best information available and the understanding to make a decision on a Eufy robotic vacuum that will offer the features to fit your needs and expectations.