Miele is, no doubt, one of the premier vacuum cleaner manufacturers in the world. Their designs and quality are unrivaled. Miele has done their best to produce a vacuum that meets the needs of anyone shopping for a vacuum cleaner. Miele’s desire to provide a solution for every individual’s needs has led to an often bewildering lineup of models with overlapping features.
What are the best Miele vacuum cleaners? Our Top Six Best Miele Vacuums in 2020
- Best Value for the Money – Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum
- The Solution for Cat and Dog Hair – Miele Classic C1 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum
- Going Upright with Miele – Miele Dynamic U1 Maverick Upright Vacuum
- An Upright Hair Manage – Miele Dynamic Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum
- An Easy Answer to Hard Surfaces – Miele Swing H1 Quick Step Upright Vacuum
- Small Dollars for Big Features – Miele Classic C1 Pure Suction
Finding the right vacuum with the right combination of features to fit your needs can be daunting when offered many fine vacuum cleaners with such an array of options. Here are how we stack up the Miele line of vacuums against the most requested features or frequently asked questions.
Best Value for the Money Miele Vacuum – Miele Complete Marin C3 Canister Vacuum
One of the most asked questions among users looking for a new vacuum is, “What is the best general-purpose vacuum for my home.” Examining the Miele models and the features they offer puts the Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum as the Best Overall Miele Vacuum.
The C3 line of Miele vacuums is in the mid-range of the other C3 models. The major difference between the C3 Marin and the C3 Brilliant is the warranty. The C3 Brilliant comes with a 5-year warranty versus the 1-year comprehensive warranty on the C3 Marin. Given Miele’s reputation for quality and engineering, the price difference for just the warranty coverage makes the C3 Marin the better choice in our estimation.
The Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum is an overall performance machine and there are several reasons for this choice.
- Versatility – The Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum can handle almost any flooring situation in your home. From deep pile carpets to hard surface flooring, the Complete C3 canister vacuum can meet the challenge. The five-level height adjustment and adjustable suction control give you the ability to tailor the way the C3 canister vacuum cleans on any floor covering.
- Design – Miele’s canister design is more ergonomic than standard uprights and requires less tiring effort to accomplish the same cleaning chores. High-quality casters make moving the canister almost effortless, and the swivel-neck design of the cleaning head allows you to drive the head and wand around furniture and into tight spaces with ease.
- Power – The six-speed motor on the Miele Complete C3 canister vacuum gives you the power you need to tackle any vacuuming task. The smart features on the C3 Complete will change the motor speed to match the type of flooring as you move from carpet to hard surface.
- Tools – AN electrically driven power brush includes five-level height adjustments. Included with the C3 Complete package are a dusting brush, crevice tool, and an upholstery tool. All the tools can be stored onboard the canister for always ready use.
- Versatile enough to meet a wide range of cleaning needs
- Motor-driven power roller brush excels on both carpets and hardwood floors
- Five level height adjustments to match any type of floor covering
- Handy footswitch controls for suction settings
- The roller brush cannot be removed for easy cleaning.
The Solution for Cat and Dog Hair – Miele Classic C1 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum
Many of us live with one or more four-legged furry family members. As much as we all love our canine and feline companions, the problems they can give when trying to keep the hair and dander under control can be a major concern. This hair and dander can be a source of irritation for anyone with asthma or allergies. Finding a vacuum that can effectively handle the hair and dander and keep your floors and interior air clean can be a challenge.
Miele meets the challenge with the Miele Classic C1 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum. Designed especially for the task of animal hair and dander, the Classic C1 Dog and Cat makes our list as the best canister vacuum for cats and dogs because of the Miele designs and features for this specific purpose.
- The Hair Challenge – Featuring a six-speed suction motor power setting and a 1200-watt motor, the Miele Classic C1 has the muscle to handle even the longest cat and dog hair. Add to that the capability of the Miele Electro PlusFloorHead with five levels of height adjustment and a powerful motor of its own to drive the roller brush and you have a machine that is tailored to removing pet hair from all of your floor surfaces.
- Ease of Use – Compact canister vacuums like the Miele Classic C1 Cat and Dog canister vacuum make keeping your floors clean easier and quicker than ever. The smaller footprint, rubber wheels, and lightweight make this vacuum almost effortless to use and move around your home. The longer cord means fewer stops to change outlets and the ergonomic handle on the wand is less tiring.
- Cleaner Air – Miele’s onboard AirClean filter system ensures that the air that is returned to your home is as pure as possible. Featuring a HEPA filter that traps up to 99 percent of all contaminants, the Miele Classic C1 vacuum also passes the air through an active charcoal filter to absorb and neutralize odors from cats and dogs. The self-sealing vacuum bag prevents any dust and debris from leaving the bag as it is changed.
- Tools for Every Need – Pets don’t just shed on the floor. Any surface in your home is subject to animal hair. The Miele Classic C1 Cat and Dog has that problem addressed as well. Included in the package with this vacuum are a dusting brush, a crevice tool, and an upholstery tool. The best tool. However, it is the handheld mini turbo brush for extra cleaning power on above-floor surfaces such as furniture cushions.
- 1200-watt Vortex Motor for maximum suction power
- Mini turbo brush allows deep cleaning of upholstered furniture and drapes
- Five level height adjustment for cleaning any type of floor covering
- AirClean filtration system returns the purest air possible to the room
- No onboard tool storage
Going Upright With Miele– Miele Dynamic U1 Maverick Upright Vacuum
Canister vacuums just don’t fit the bill for some people. There are those who like the upright style of vacuum. Many of these people believe that the upright style of vacuum is easier to use and store than a canister vacuum and Miele has a solution. If you are looking for a good general-purpose upright vacuum, the Miele Dynamic U1 Maverick Upright Vacuum is the answer to your search.
Lugging a canister vacuum up and downstairs in a multi-level home may be a problem. If so, then a lighter and easier to manage upright vacuum may be a better choice. Upright vacuums are usually lighter and easier to manage up and downstairs.
The Miele Dynamic U1 Maverick Upright vacuum is a versatile all-around machine that can handle a wide range of floor surfaces and cleaning challenges. Miele engineers have put thought and time into a design that meets almost any need without sacrificing functionality or cleaning ability.
- Designed for Use – The Miele U1 upright vacuum has been engineered from the ground up to be used effectively and efficiently around your home. The lay-flat design allows the vacuum to easily clean under furniture and the SwivelNeck technology means effortless maneuverability around obstacles in your home. The 33-foot power cord gives you 54 feet of cleaning radius for fewer stops to move the plug from place to place.
- Complete Cleaning – The integrated roller brush in the cleaning head gives the Miele U1 Maverick extra efficient cleaning on carpets. The auto-adjusting roller brush height allows you to move from one floor surface to another with having to stop and manually adjust the height setting. If you move to hard surface floors, simply switch the roller brush off for more efficient cleaning of your hard surface flooring.
- Cleaning not just floors – The Miele AirClean 3d filtration system means cleaner exhaust air than ever before. The air returned to your home is clean and odor-free, helping eliminate allergens and other irritants.
- Not Just Floors – The Miele Dynamic U1 Maverick Upright Vacuum is not just for floors. The included tools make cleaning everything above floor level easy and quick. The upholstery tool, the dusting brush, and the crevice tool combine to give you a total cleaning system for your home. The accessory tools store conveniently on the body of the Miele U1 Maverick upright vacuum, so they are always at hand and ready.
- Well-engineered lay flat design for efficient and easy cleaning under furniture
- Extra-long cord for long reach and more efficient cleaning
- Automatic height adjustment for effective transitions across floor covering heights
- On/off switch on roller brush allows the vacuum to be used on hard surface flooring to prevent marks
- No powered upholstery tool
An Upright Hair Manager – Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum
Keeping your home free of cat and dog hair can be a challenge. If you want an upright vacuum instead of a canister style vacuum and you live with a furry family of the four-legged variety, then the Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum is the choice from the Miele models you should choose. Engineered for the home with cat and dog hair challenges, the Miele Dynamic U1 is the perfect upright vacuum to meet the hair issue head-on.
The addition of extra features to the basic Miele U1 model gives the U1 Cat and Dog the advantage in cleaning dog and cat hair as well as the animal dander that can accumulate in your home. The results are cleaner floors, cleaner air, and cleaner above-floor surfaces.
- More power equals more clean – Consistently strong cleaning is the mark of the Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog upright vacuum. Suctions channels engineered for the most efficient airflow mean more suction and more cleaning capability. Wave-shaped brushes on the roller brush head handle dog and cat hair easily sweeping dust, debris, and hair to the intake in the most efficient manner.
- Less effort for more clean – The ergonomic design of the handle and the double-jointed swivel head allows you to maneuver the Miele Dynamic U1 in and around your home quickly and easily. The lay-flat design of the U1 series of upright vacuums makes cleaning under furniture quickly and easily
- More filtration for cleaner air – Mieles AirClean system keeps dirt, dust, and other contaminants in the vacuum and not back into the room air. Engineered with a sealed air system, AirClean proprietary filtration system and active charcoal to neutralize and absorb pet odors, the Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum leave the air in your home as clean as the floors.
- Attachments for extra clean – The surfaces above the floors are not forgotten with the Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog upright vacuum. Included with this vacuum are all the extra accessories you need to clean those surfaces above the floor that collect pet hair as well. A crevice tool, dusting tool, and smaller cleaning head are great additions. The real gem is the mini turbo upholstery brush to make cleaning furniture and drapes a breeze.
- The activated Charcoal filter removes pet odors for a fresher smelling environment
- Motor powered roller brush cleans carpets effectively and efficiently
- Four power setting allows you to pick the amount of suction you need for any job
- Mini Turbo Brush for keeping your upholstery and drapes free of pet contaminants
- The upright design and weight may not be the easiest to move if you have a multi-level home
An Easy Anser for Hard Surfaces – Miele Swing H1 Quick Step Upright Vacuum
Many people living in smaller homes and especially apartments with low pile carpet or hard surface floors, want a smaller, more easily storable vacuum solution. The Miele Swing H1 Quick Step Upright Vacuum comes to the forefront in these kinds of environments. Miele has created a stick vacuum that cleans like a full-sized upright or canister.
The Miele Swing H1 Quick Step Upright vacuum meets the needs when a full-sized vacuum is just too much. Packed with the usual Miele features, the Miele Swing H1 leaves nothing on the table when it comes to cleaning ability and offers ease of use and storage.
- Size and Design – Lightweight and compact are the best terms to describe the Miele Swing H1 vacuum. The stick design puts everything into a slender casing with a low center of gravity, making this vacuum easy to use and to store when storage space is limited.
- No Loss of Cleaning – A smaller size and slimmer profile don’t mean that the Miele Swing H1 vacuum offers any less cleaning ability than its larger cousins the Miele family. The same vortex motor drives the suction, and the two-speed settings mean you have the power you need to clean any surface.
- Hard surface or low pile carpet – You can move effortlessly between your hard surface and low pile carpeting with the Miele Swing H1 and its AllTeQ combination floor head. This metal soleplate glides easily across the floor surface and is equally at home on tile, hardwood, or laminate flooring as well as low pile carpets.
- Don’t forget the air – The small size of the Miele Swing H1 doesn’t mean that you must give up air filtration. The Multi-level filtration system of the Miele Swing H1 captures 99.9% of the dust and debris, keeping it from being returned to the air in the room. Don’t worry about the dust bag getting full. A bag indicator will tell you when it’s time to install a new bag.
- Plus, the Tools – The Miele Swing H1 comes complete with an upholstery tool and a crevice tool for cleaning all the surfaces above your floors. And to make it even more convenient, the tools store on board the Miele Swing H1.
- Multi-level Air Clean technology returns the purest air possible to the room
- Tool storage on board for convenience and easy use
- Variable speed motor for just the right amount of cleaning power
- AllTeQ combination floorhead gives outstanding cleaning performance on hard surface floors as well as low-pile carpeting
- Smaller capacity dust bag
Small Dollars for Big Features – Miele Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum
Miele hasn’t abandoned those of us who live on a budget but still want the best possible cleaning solution for our homes. For the budget-minded of us, Miele offers the Classic C1 Pure Suction canister vacuum. Although it is situated on the lower end of the financial spectrum for Miele canister vacuums, it doesn’t skimp on cleaning capability or quality.
The Miele Classic C1 Pure Suction canister vacuum delivers Miele engineering and quality construction as well as the well-known Miele cleaning abilities. There is no lack of features with this vacuum either.
- The Miele design – This compact design from Miele is an easy to use canister vacuum that includes such features as a one-click looking system to keep the floorhead securely attached to the wand and the famous Miele ergonomic handle design for stress-free use. A longer power cord and the generous hose and wand mean more reach for quicker cleaning.
- The Miele cleaning reputation – The Miele C1 Pure Suction uses the same 1200-watt vortex motor that is used in the most expensive of the Miele vacuums. Even in a budget vacuum, you get the same power and suction that you would get in a much more expensive vacuum. You can adjust the amount of suction with the rotary dial on the cleaning head for that perfect cleaning setup.
- The Miele air quality promise – Miele delivers on the promise to deliver the cleanest air possible back into your home with the Miele AirClean system. The AirClean system keeps 99.9 percent of the particles in the vacuum where they belong. You can have the best in air filtration in a budget vacuum.
- The Miele accessories – Miele doesn’t shortchange you in the accessories department. Each Miele C1 Pure Suction canister vacuum includes a dusting brush, and an upholstery took for cleaning all your above-floor surfaces.
- Extra-large cleaning radius with the long power cord, hose, and wand
- Storage for the accessories is on board.
- Low price for the quality of Miele vacuums
- Six power setting and on the cleaning head control
- No power cleaning head included
Questions People Ask
How hard is it to change the bag on a Miele vacuum?
Not hard at all. A few simple steps will have you vacuuming again in no time.
- Release the hose from the connector by pressing the release catch on the side of the hose connector and gently pull it from the socket on the vacuum.
- Open the body of the vacuum by pulling up on the release catch and raise the lid until it is fully open.
- Remove the filter bag by pulling upward on the grips on the collar of the filter bag.
- Toss the full filter bag in the trash.
- Place a new filter bag into the holder by sliding the collar into the holder as far as it will go.
- Close the lid on the body of the vacuum and make sure that it clicks and locks into place.
- Reinsert the hose and push into the socket until the lock clicks into place.
What is the bestselling Miele vacuum?
According to Miele, their best-selling vacuum is the Miele Marin canister vacuum. The Miele Swing comes in a close second and both machines made our Best Miele vacuum list. The Miele Marin offers a great set of features and cleaning ability at a price that makes it competitive across the market.
How do Miele vacuums stack up against Dyson?
- Origins – Miele is a German company and most of their products are made in Germany. Dyson is headquartered in the UK but outsources its manufacturing around the world, with most of it being centered in Malaysia. Miele was established in 1899 while Dyson came into being in 1991.
- Engineering and Innovation – Both Miele and Dyson are known for their engineering and innovations in the vacuum cleaner industry. Both companies feature sealed air systems in their vacuums. The big difference is the type of collection system. Dyson vacuums are bagless while the Miele vacuums use a bag system. This can add to the ongoing cost of running a Miele vacuum.
- Noise – Miele vacuums tend to be quieter than their Dyson counterparts. The noise level of the Miele uprights and canisters is much less than almost any other vacuum on the market. The Miele integrated silence system uses an optimized motor and sound insulation to keep the noise level to a minimum.
- Models and Option – Miele offers more choices than Dyson. The Miele line currently has about 20 different vacuum models compared to Dysons 3 models of canister vacuums. A larger range of options and feature combinations gives greater flexibility to the buyer of a Miele vacuum that Dyson can offer.
- Warranty – Dyson offers a 5-year warranty on their corded vacuums. Miele warranties their corded vacuums for seven years on the motor and casing and one year on all other parts.
- Cost – The Miele vacuum line starts at approximately $300 for an entry-level model to over $1000 for their top of the line product. Dyson vacuums typically range from $300 to $600.
Finding Your Miele Vacuum
The broad range of options and features offered by Miele can be overwhelming. We hope that this guide answers some questions and gives you a better grasp of the best Miele vacuum for your needs. Finding that perfect fit can be a challenge. Hopefully, with our suggestions and your understanding of what you want in a Miele vacuum, the decision will be easier.